Argiano 2016 Brunello Di Montalcino DOCG Tuscany Italy
97 Points James Suckling - A very polished red with cloves and caramel, on top of black cherries, mushrooms and forest floor. Black olives, too. It's full-bodied with polished tannins and lovely depth all the way through. Lightly chewy. Juicy black-cherries and savory black-olive character. Complex. Drink after 2025.
- APPELLATION: Brunello di Montalcino DOCG.
- GRAPES: 100% Sangiovese.
- VINEYARDS: From 55 to 12 years old.
- TRAINING SYSTEM: Spurred Cordon, organic farming, small quantity of grapes per vine.
- VINIFICATION: Cold soaked prior to fermentation to extract color and aromatics. Spontaneous fermentation over the course of two weeks in temperaturecontrolled stainless steel tanks. Malolactic fermentation occurred naturally in cement tanks.
- AGING: Aging of about 30 months in Slavonian oak barrels of different capacity (10/15/30/50 Hl). Bottling ocurred in April/May during the most favorable moon phases. Long aging in bottle.
- ALCOHOL: 14 % in vol.
- TASTING NOTES: The nose is broad and complex, yet clean and fresh, with classic hints of red fruit mixed with notes of aromatic herbs and spices. In the mouth, the wine is broad, robust, and savory, with silky tannins and a long, fresh finish
Our Return Policy is very simple: If you don't like the wine you ordered from us, tell us, send it back to us and we will either replace it for you or reimburse the purchase price to you. Because we believe life is too short to drink wine you don't like.
HOWEVER, we are not responsible for damage caused to the wine due to the weather; heat or cold. If the weather is hot or cold, we urge that you either ask us to hold the wine(s) for you or order overnight shipping.