2012 Ciacci Piccolomini D'Aragona Brunello di Montalcino
- Vineyard: 16,54 Ha (40,87 acres) with soil of medium grain with good levels of marl dating to the Eocene period. The altitude of the vineyards varies from 240 to 360 meters above sea level.
- Grape varietal: 100% Sangiovese
- Fermentation and refinement: In stainless steel and glass concrete vats, temperature-controlled via cooling plates and jackets.
- Ageing: More than 24 months in 20-85 hl Slavonian oak barrels, followed by over 8 months of bottle refinement.
- Colour: Ruby red verging on garnet.
- Organoleptic characteristics: The bouquet is intense, fruit-forward, spicy and floral with hints of red berry fruits enriched by delicate spicy notes. Warm, soft and very well balanced on the palate; well structured with soft tannins and long aftertaste.
- Service: Open an hour before pouring and serve at 18°C (64,4° F) in large crystal glasses. Bottles should be kept in a horizontal position, far from light sources and protected from both extremes and changes in temperature.
- Food pairings: Great companion to roasted and stewed game meat. Excellent with mature cheeses and traditional hand-made pasta featuring red meat and game ragout.
- Technical notes: Bottles are protected against counterfeiting by a hologram on the capsule.