La Poderina 2012 Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
FREE shipping on 6 or more...
92 Points - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
92 Points - Wine Enthusiast Magazine
91 Points - Antonio Galloni's Vinous
90 Points - Wine Spectator Magazine
The La Poderina 2012 Brunello di Montalcino does a terrific job and never strays far from the Sangiovese path. This is a light weight and buoyant wine with vibrant berry tones, dark fruit, plum, spice, tobacco and pressed violets. The bouquet is authentic and shapely without being too bold or overly intense. The effect is seamless, in fact with a long and silky line of aromatic descriptors that reach a nice place of unity and harmony. The mouth feel shows similar integration with some refreshing brightness at the back. The finish is a tad short.
- Owner Unipol Assicurazioni S.p.a.
- Winemaker Riccardo Cotarella
- Type Red wine
- Varietals 100% Sangiovese grosso
- Vineyard Location Castelnuovo dell’Abate, Montalcino
- Elevation350 m a.s.l.
- Vines Planted 1991- 2001
- Trellising Spurred cordon
- Vines/Acre 5,000/Ha
- Soil Medium loam with some clay deposits and organic matter
- Vinification Fermented in stainless steel tanks (15 days at 24-28 °C). Maceration on the skins with daily pumping over; two delestages during alcoholic fermentation/15-20 days.
- Aging Process60% in French oak barriques (12 months) and 40% in Italian and/or Slavonian big oak casks of 110 Hl (24 months). 18 months in the bottle before the release.
- Tasting Notes
- Color Ruby red color with garnet notes
- BouquetIntense, concentrated nose of black cherries, wild berries and vanilla
- Flavor On the palate it is rich, full bodied, quite tannic in youth, soft and persistent. Serve at 18°C in large glasses
- Pairings Best served with red and white roast meats, poultry, game and aged cheese
- Alcohol Content 14.5%
- Residual Sugar 1.8 g/L
- Serving Temperature 62°F
- Production 37,000 bts
Our Return Policy is very simple: If you don't like the wine you ordered from us, tell us, send it back to us and we will either replace it for you or reimburse the purchase price to you. Because we believe life is too short to drink wine you don't like.
HOWEVER, we are not responsible for damage caused to the wine due to the weather; heat or cold. If the weather is hot or cold, we urge that you either ask us to hold the wine(s) for you or order overnight shipping.