L'Ecole No 41 2014 Estate Perigee Seven Hills Vineyard
FREE shipping on 6 or more...
95 PTS - Decanter
94 PTS - Wine Advocate
92 PTS Wine Enthusiast
Our Estate Perigee captures the essence of Seven Hills Vineyard’s characteristic rich elegance, seductive aromas and earthy structure. L’Ecole has been producing wines from Seven Hills Vineyard since 1993. We hand-select our oldest and most distinguished blocks to produce this stunning, flagship wine.
SEVEN HILLS VINEYARD
L’Ecole No 41 is a partner in the 230 acre acclaimed Seven Hills Vineyard, which is planted in wind-blown loess of geologically young and mineral rich soils. Originally planted in 1981, this Certified Sustainable and Certified Salmon Safe vineyard was recognized as one of the Ten Great Vineyards of the World by Wine & Spirits Magazine.
- The 2014 vintage was a repeat of the warm 2013 vintage with heat units nearly identical, and no unusual winter frost, pest, or disease pressure.
- Bud break was early, followed by a warm spring and relatively early bloom. Fruit set was near ideal. Slowing tactics were implemented such as delayed thinning and leafing to delay veraison and ultimately harvest.
- Temperatures cooled mid-August stretching out the hang-time to complete veraison. Berry size and berry count per cluster were slightly up resulting in healthy crop yields.
- Modest fall day-time temperatures and cool nights resulted in a rich and vibrant structure with bold color development. Overall warmer conditions delivered ample sugars and surprisingly strong acids, particularly in our higher elevation sites.
- Over 30 years of meticulous vineyard management and winemaking experience are fundamental to the quality of our wines and reputation for excellence. We are engaged in growing and making 100% of our wines.
- Each lot was hand harvested ripe and gently crushed into 1.5 and 5 ton opentopped stainless steel fermenters.
- Gentle handling of the fruit through hand punch downs and gravity assisted movements were utilized throughout the entire winemaking process.
- The wine was cleanly racked to 100% small French oak barrels, 50% new, with five rackings over 22 months.
Perigee exemplifies this vineyard’s characteristic cedary, black cherry, richly structured elegance. Alluring aromas of blueberry, cigar box and lavender are accented with flavors of cassis and earth, on a fine tannin finish.
Our Return Policy is very simple: If you don't like the wine you ordered from us, tell us, send it back to us and we will either replace it for you or reimburse the purchase price to you. Because we believe life is too short to drink wine you don't like.
HOWEVER, we are not responsible for damage caused to the wine due to the weather; heat or cold. If the weather is hot or cold, we urge that you either ask us to hold the wine(s) for you or order overnight shipping.