Colgin Cellars has been committed to enriching and preserving the rich tradition of Napa Valley winemaking for nearly three decades. Our goal has always been to create elegant and meaningful wines that leave a lasting impression.
Tychson Hill is the oldest of Colgin Cellars' three vineyard areas. This - the smallest of the Colgin Cellars vineyards (2.4 hectares) – is located just north of the town of St. Helena and dates back to 1860. Josephine Tychson, the first woman to construct a winery in the Napa Valley, owned it in the late 1800s. During Prohibition, the vineyard was removed, but it was found by Colgin in the mid-1990s and replanted with heritage Cabernet Sauvignon clones.
The Colgin Cellars winery is located on IX Estate, which is the last but not least. Its eight hectares, rich in well-draining clays and weathered volcanic rock soils, overlook the Napa Valley and are planted with Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Petit Verdot, and Syrah.
Colgin Cellars creates wonderfully handcrafted red wines utilizing only the greatest neo-classical winemaking techniques in combination with small yields, gentle handling, careful sorting, and painstaking blending.